How to accept digital payments in-person and online
Whether you’re hosting a garage sale online or in the community this November, you’ll want to make it as quick, easy and safe as possible for shoppers to pay.
If you have a PayPal account, you could use your PayPal app for touch-free in person payments, and online payments at your garage sale. Read on to learn more.
Touch-free in person payments
Just like checking in to a venue, QR code payments are a safe way to accept payments at your garage sale using the PayPal app from your PayPal account.
Other than your PayPal account and the PayPal app, there’s no special equipment required and no need to handle cash or credit cards.
- In the PayPal app, click on the ‘more’ icon, select ‘QR Codes’ and download your unique QR code.
- You can print this code out and display it wherever you like.
- Customers with PayPal account and PayPal app can point their smartphone camera at your code, confirm the amount they owe you, and you receive an instant payment confirmation in your PayPal app.
Visit the PayPal website for more information on PayPal QR Codes.
Getting paid online
When selling online, it’s wise to offer a secure payment method. It’s also helpful to receive immediate payment confirmation, so you can package and send off your sold items quickly, or follow up if a buyer hasn’t come through following a sale.
PayPal.Me from your PayPal account allows you to accept payments online.
- In the PayPal app, click on the ‘request’ icon then ‘share your link’
- Choose your unique PayPal.Me link
- Share your link with your customers, by adding to your sale page, your social media bio, or sending it directly
- Customers click the link, confirm the amount they owe you, and you receive an instant payment confirmation in your PayPal app.
Visit the PayPal website for more information on PayPal.Me.
The PayPal service is provided by PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds Australian Financial Services Licence number 304962. Please read and consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement before acquiring or using the service.